Terms and Conditions
- All shortages, damages or non-delivery must be notified to us by telephone within 7 working days.
- All goods must be returned in good condition, original packaging, unworn, not processed and unwashed.
- All colours and sizes shown in our catalogues are for guidance only.
- Printed or embroidered goods will NOT be accepted back for credit.
- Goods cannot be returned for any reason after 90 days from date of purchase.
1. All products, goods, and services supplied by Wood Harris Ltd or Wood Harris Ltd T/A Dennys ‘the Company’ are on the express understanding that the purchaser agrees to the Company’s Terms and Conditions of Sale. Company Registration No 0423051.
Order details and terms and conditions of Sale cannot be varied except by written authorisation signed by a director of the Company.
2. All goods are offered subject to availability. Delivery of goods will be deemed to take place at the Company’s premises unless otherwise agreed. Every effort will be made to deliver goods on time but no responsibility can be accepted for late or non-delivery. All shortages, damages or non-delivery of goods must be notified to us by telephone within seven working days. Claims for shortages or non-delivery must be supported by the carrier’s consignment or proof of delivery note on which the goods have been signed for as unchecked, short, or damaged as appropriate. By arrangement, all deliveries should be carefully checked to ensure that the correct number of packages, boxes or cartons being signed for have been delivered, as no responsibility can be accepted afterwards for non or short delivery if there is a discrepancy. All deliveries should also be signed for as unchecked, damaged or both, if apply, unless the contents of all packages, boxes or cartons delivered are checked in front of the carriers delivery person, when any shortages or damages or both should be noted on the consignment/proof of delivery note and signed for as such.
No claims for shortages or damages will be entertained unless goods are checked at the time of delivery in the presence of the carrier’s employee. While every effort will be made to despatch goods on time, no responsibility will be accepted for late or non-delivery, or for any consequential loss whatsoever.
3. Goods despatched to any third party at the purchaser’s request are entirely at the purchasers’ risk, and it is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that goods are correct in every respect before any processing of the goods commences.
We always aim to process your order as soon as we receive it, and stock or time permitting, we will despatch your goods the same day. Please be aware that all deliveries will require a signature,
therefore, we ask that you ensure we have the correct delivery address, and that someone is there to receive you parcel as we are unable to request that parcels are left outside a property. Sohoknives.com will not be held liable for any consequences of late delivery times, if you are in any doubt, please contact us.
Standard UK Delivery FREE On all orders over £20 (excluding VAT)
• Orders under £20 are subject to a charge of £3.95 including VAT (Excluding Isle of Man).
Isle of Man Orders £18.60 including VAT.
European delivery and carriages
Europe Zone 1 Orders: £15.12
Europe Zone 2 Orders: £30
Zone 1: Belgium, Corsica, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland (Republic of), Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands.
Zone 2: Andorra, Austria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Sardinia, Sicily, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City State.
For deliveries to countries out the UK and European zones stated, we will contact you with a shipping quotation.
All delivery discrepancies must be notified within 7 days.
4. Sizes, measurements and descriptions of goods are for guidance only and the company cannot guarantee absolute consistency of size, material, proportion, colour or shade. All products supplied should be washed or cleaned strictly in accordance with the washing instructions provided on the garment label. The Company will accept no responsibility if instructions are not followed precisely.
5. Size, style, fabric content, specification, quality, colour and suitability for chosen purpose should be checked by the purchaser on receipt of the goods. while every effort is made to ensure consistency of colours and shades, variation may occur from one dye batch to another and the Company will accept no responsibility for such variation. Goods should be checked upon receipt. Worn, printed, embroidered or otherwise processed goods cannot be returned.
All sales are final. The Company does not trade on a ‘sale or return’ basis (except for samples). We do accept returns subject to the following conditions being met:
6. Proof of purchase (relevant invoice and despatch note number required).
7. A restocking charge will be made for goods returned after 30 days
8. All goods must be returned in good condition, original packaging, not processed and unwashed. We do not allow goods to be returned if worn.
9. Dennys retain the right to refuse returned goods should the company deem them to be unsuitable for resale.
10. Printed or embroidered goods will not be accepted back for returns under any circumstances.
11. Garments sold as samples are returnable within 28 days.
12. Goods cannot be returned after 90 days from date of purchase (our invoice date).
Soho Knives is part of Dennys Brands. Subject to approval, we will open a credit account for you under Dennys Brands. We may require payment in advance for your first order. Our credit terms are ‘NETT 30 days from date of invoice’.
13. Credit will not be extended to the purchaser unless approved in writing by the Company.
14. Where credit has been granted, payment is due within thirty days of the invoice date unless otherwise agreed in writing.
15. Goods will not be despatched when a purchaser’s account is overdue or the credit limit has been exceeded. Returned or represented cheques will incur a charge of £40/€60 per representation.
16. The company reserves the right to charge interest at the rate of 2% per calendar month or part thereof on all overdue sums, and such interest will remain payable after any court judgement.
17. Overdue Payments via a Credit Card: In the event of a customer wishing to pay off their overdue credit account, the company will impose a charge of 1.5% for payments over the agreed normal credit terms. There will be no additional charge if paid before normal credit days.
Every care has been taken to ensure the catalogue’s accuracy at the time of going to press. Every reasonable care has been taken to ensure that all the images of the knives and other products in this catalogue are recorded accurately. However, the limitations of printing may mean slight variations in reproduction.
All knives in this catalogue come with a guarantee from the manufacturer. This guarantee covers the materials used, the standard of workmanship and manufacture fault during normal use of the knife.
Please note. This guarantee is void if you use any of the items in this catalogue in a manner not intended, this includes but is not exclusive to: using the knife as a screw driver, cutting through frozen food – unless the knife description explicitly says it is designed to do so, placing the knife in a dishwasher, prying open tins and cans. All other products in the catalogue are also guaranteed against the materials used, standard or workmanship and manufacturer fault. This guarantee does not cover general wear and tear or misuse of the product in line with the standards outlined for the knives.
All guarantees are in addition to your statutory rights. All merchandise is subject to stock availability. We reserve the right to remove products from sale, change specifications and prices without prior notice. Full terms and conditions are available by visiting our website at www.sohoknives.com
Ownership of Goods
18. Ownership of any goods supplied by the Company to the customer shall not pass to the customer until the Company has received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of the goods and/or all other sums which are or which become due to the company, from the customer on any account.
19. Until ownership of the goods have passed to the customer, the customer will hold the goods on a fiduciary basis on behalf of the company and store the goods in a proper manner separately from all other goods of the customer or any third party in such a way that they remain identifiable as the Company’s property.
20. Where the Company is unable to determine whether any goods are the goods in respect of which the customer’s right to possession has terminated, the customer shall be deemed to have sold all goods of the kind sold by the Company to the customer in the order in which they were invoiced to the customer.
21. The customer’s right to possession of the goods shall terminate immediately if the customer (in the case of a partnership or sole trader) has a bankruptcy order made against him/her or makes an arrangement or compositions with his/her creditors or otherwise takes the benefit of any statutory provisions for the time being in force for the relief of insolvent debtors or (in the case of a body corporate) convenes a meeting of the creditors, whether formally or informally, or entered into liquidation, whether voluntary or compulsory, except a solvent voluntary liquidation for the purpose only of reconstruction or amalgamation or has receiver and/or manager, administrator or administrative received appointed of its undertaking or any part of its undertaking or documents are filed with the court for an appointment of an administrator of the customer or notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given to the customer or its directors or via qualifying floating charge holder (as defined in paragraph 14 of the Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act 1986) or a resolution is passed or a petition presented to any court for the winding up of the customer or for the granting of an administrative order in respect of the customer or any proceedings are commenced relating to the insolvency or possible insolvency of the customer.
The customer’s right to possession of the goods shall also be terminated immediately if the customer suffers or allows any execution whether legal or equitable to be levied on its property or obtained against it or it fails to observe any of its obligations under legal contract between the Company and the customer or is unable to pay its debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986 or the customer ceases to or threatens to cease to trade.
Where the customer’s right to possession of the goods has terminated the customer grants the Company, its agents and employees an irrevocable licence at any time to enter any premises whether the goods are, may be stored in order to recover them.
22. All risk remains with the customer from the time of delivery and the customer is responsible for insuring of the goods for their full price against all risks to the reasonable satisfaction of the Company from delivery until the title passes to the customer. On request the customer shall produce the policy of insurance to the Company.
23. All contracts between the company and the purchaser shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Denny's takes your privacy seriously and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected.
When you order, we need to know your name, contact details, delivery address, credit or debit card number and expiry date. This allows us to process and fulfill your orders and to notify you of your order status. We also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order.
Your information will not be disclosed to any other party without your consent. If you have purchased a product from Denny's we may contact you from time to time with relevant information.